Sunday 5 April 2015

Happy Easter!

Dear Nail Diary,

I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while, but real-life issues have meant I haven't really been in the mood to do anything with my nails.  I thought I'd ease myself in slowly, as X99 is currently taking up all of my time.  I have a new camera (my first DSLR - a Nikon D3200) so I've been retaking photos of all my jewellery so it looks more professional.  I'm still learning all the features, so I thought I'd test it out on taking photos of my nails first.

I'm getting back into stamping again as you can see.  I started out with three coats of China Glaze - Highlight of my Summer over my base coat.  Once that had dried - with a little help from a coat of Seche Vite - I picked out some fun looking patterns on my collection of Pueen Plates and stamped them on top using Nails Inc - Regents Park - which was a free gift!

Left hand
After I'd done the cleanup I finished with another coat of SV to seal it.

On another note, my nail designs were recently featured in our local newspaper when my Mom went out campaigning on behalf of 38 Degrees to save the NHS.  I decided to paint Mom's nails accordingly.

Photo credit to Leanne Bagnall of The Sentinel
I used 2 coats of Barry M's Cobalt and then used China Glaze's White on White to paint NHS on her index, middle and ring fingers.  On her thumb and baby fingers, I stamped hearts - can't remember which plate I used, though.

Don't know when I will post again, as I said I have a lot of work to do with X99, but I'll try not to leave it so long next time!

=:x

P.S.  It's so nice to have a camera capable of depicting the correct shade of green and purple!

No comments:

Post a Comment