Sunday 11 December 2016

George and the Dragon

Dear Nail Diary,

I apologise if the nail art is looking a little worse for wear in these photos, I've been meaning to take pictures for a few days, but I've been too ill to take them.  Yesterday however, one chipped completely off the nail on my other hand so I thought I'd better get a photo while I still can.


I love the two green holo polishes from A England - Saint George and Dragon and I wanted to build a design around them.  I started off with this Dragon Scale Triple Gradient tutorial from Simply Nailogical:-



It was the first time I've tried a scaled gradient and while it ccame out okay, it seemed pretty basic just on it's own, so I decided to add some elements.  Using a dragon vinyl from Twinkled T's Mythical Creatures collection, I painted it using Nails Inc's red/orange duochrome glitter polish - New Burlington Place.  On my next three fingers I stamped a fiery looking tribal stamp with an orangey/gold shimmer polish from Avon that I've had for ages.  I also painted a light coat of China Glaze's Golden Enchantment on top of the flames.  Duochrome dragons breathe golden holo fire, don't you know? ;)


Wouldn't you know my camera died just before I could take this last photo, so I had to take it with my tablet.  My thumb is what my duochrome dragon is protecting - its treasure room.  I did a quick glitter gradient using OPI/Gwen Stefani - Don't Speak and a thin layer of the golden holo on top.


Next time I'll have photos of the first of my Holoday nails!

=:x

No comments:

Post a Comment