Thursday 8 December 2016

Furry Fail

Dear Nail Diary,

I forgot I hadn't posted this.  I recently bought some nail vinyls from Twinkled T (among other things) and was desperate to try this idea I'd had to honour my cat who died a couple of months ago.  Cristine from Simply Nailogical has these cat cyclone vinyls and I wanted to see how they'd look combined with the flocking powder I got from Bundle Monster.  I imagined a really cool texture effect between the A England polish I'd chosen and the furriness of the powder, however the end result wasn't as impressive.


I think it would have been better if I'd used nail glue or top coat instead of clear polish to adhere the flocking powder.  Also it was obvious right away that I needed a more striking colour of powder if it wasn't going to create the effect I wanted.


I changed to a purple, however that just seemed to emphasize how badly the powder wasn't sticking.  The last time I used the flocking powder it worked really well, but I think that was because I was applying to my entire nail.  I tried a vinyl with a gold holo glitter just to make sure it wasn't my lack of skills with vinyls that was failing me - as you can see, that wasn't the case.


It worked slightly better on my right hand which I did second, so maybe I just need to practice this technique a bit more?

=:x

No comments:

Post a Comment